Tuesday, November 8, 2011

An Open Letter to Blogspot

I, the Old Baguette, have been writing posts thanks to blogspot.com for quite a spell.  Then, scammers captured her contact list and sent e-mails here, there, and everywhere with a plea for help, supposedly a plea for help from the Old Baguette herself.  "Help!  Help!  I'm stranded in Cyprus.  I don't have my ATM card with me, and I need $2,800."  ( A friend similarly stranded in Edinburgh a few weeks ago needed more, much more.)  The Old Baguette got many, many calls from her friends, her librarian,  her health insurance agent.  Health insurance agent?  Yes, health insurance agent.   "Why did she need $2,800?"
"Oh, ho, ho, ho," said the Old Baguette, "she doesn't.  It's a SCAM!"  Her poor computer tower was  completely compromised.  Nothing worked.  A computer with clinical dementia has forgotten what it once remembered.  She got a new computer tower.

While all this was going on, her provider put on a new corporate name through merger or worse, and suddenly the Old Baguette lost her former e-mail address.  She couldn't sign in.  She couldn't get to her dashboard.  She couldn't write a new post.  She couldn't comment on the blogs of others.   Now, she can write a new post.  (You're reading it.)  But she still can't always comment on the posts of others!  Has blogspot helped? No!  When she clicks on the Help! button, a page written in computerese pops up.  The Old Baguette does not know computerese;  she knows English.   Blogspot instructions are written for the young who grew up speaking computerese.  So here is her Open Letter to Blogsport.com:

Blogspot.com:

Be sensitive!  Help your Old Baguettes and Crispy Rolls who blog.   Hire a nine-year old editor who can write words in English, a language that we ancients understand.  If you do, we ancients might possibly be able to solve the problems we're having with our own *&%$&* blogs.  Better yet, hire a ten-year old who can speak English into the mouthpiece of a telephone, who can help same Baguettes and Rolls solve the problems they're having with BLOGSPOT.COM!  The Old Baguette is rapidly becoming a Crisp Crouton, fried in a furnace fueled by frustration and fury. 

Thank you, Blogspot.com, for your prompt attention to this matter.

Still yours,

The Old Baguette

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed, as usual, your blog....especially the alliteration of all alliterations!!!! How did I get to be paula lima?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Baguette I am going to submit you to be a case study for a computer scientist convention. You seem to have the grandest of difficulties. Lovely post and very true. I am somewhat computer literate and I have found Blogger's help to be less than enthralling. One thing that gets me is that if you have something a little out of the ordinary you seem to get shucked off into some ill organized question and answer session that is answered by well intentioned folks who often don't know what the hell they are talking about, or apply to versions of blogger from years ago.

    How's the weather in Cyprus?

    Congrats, I see you are getting some followers!

    BTW, I believe State College Pennsylvania is ripe for a scathing Old Baguette Post. It seems the Archbishop of college football has been keeping secrets about his clergy. I am no more of a Penn State Fan than I am a Catholic, but I do pay the man's wages. Penn State is a state related school supported by taxes from the state and until this weekend probably one of the finest state supported universities in the country. Paterno maintained a high standard for his players and the university. What a tragedy that he didn't apply that ideal to his coaches. I hope that this will turn out to be some grand mistake, not because I give a shit about college football, I don't. But Paterno did it differently, and I had respect for the man. Had! I would love to be wrong about this.

    The other son of bitch? Oh I would just castrate him (and not with chemistry) and send him off to a prison that has a lot of horny, well hung, big boys. Strapping young men that could give him a taste of his own medicine. If I was in a particularly kind mood, I might give a tube of KY. Probably more than he did for his victims. Bastard! Sorry I am getting nasty again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More about Joe Paterno:

    http://wwwguilty-with-an-explanation.blogspot.com/2011/11/morality-play.html

    ReplyDelete